SENIORS WELLNESS CENTRES
Our Seniors Wellness Centres provide structured activities, programs and culturally appropriate meals to promote wellness and reablement for older people living with dementia to maintain a healthy well-being and independence. These centres are located across six locations around Sydney, playing a crucial role in supporting older people, people living with dementia, and their family carers.
- Chester Hill Seniors Wellness Centre
- Greenfield Park Seniors Wellness Centre
- Bonnyrigg Heights Seniors Wellness Centre
- Hurstville Seniors Wellness Centre
- So Wai Seniors Wellness Centre
- Stanley Hunt Seniors Wellness Centre
- Eastwood Seniors Wellness Hub
- Campsie Seniors Wellness Hub
- Western Sydney Flexible Respite & Centre-Based Respite Services
We provide transport to and from our centres for seniors living within a 10km radius, providing them a sense of independence, while enjoying many of our popular activities, including:
- Art, horticulture and music therapy
- Cooking simple snacks and festive food
- Cultural/festive celebrations, birthday parties
- Gentle exercise, ball games, elder gymnastics
- Information sessions and discussion groups
- Mental /Cognitive stimulation activities and games (e.g. mahjong, chess)
- Sensory stimulation games
- Outings to scenic attractions
Our Seniors Wellness Centres is a great way for seniors to socialise with others who share similar interests, make new friends and stay in touch with cultural and current affairs through different discussion groups.
These services also allow the primary family carer the respite they need in order to have a break or fulfill other commitments, including work, study, and other family commitments. Seniors and carers are not required to have a comprehensive assessment from the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) to use our services. Regional Assessors will conduct preliminary assessment to support your access to our Seniors Wellness Centres.
Alternatively, contact our centre coordinators directly and they will talk to the senior and carer where appropriate to understand the senior’s interests, preferences, and support needs to develop a service plan for the senior. The plan is reviewed regularly to ensure it is relevant and continue to meet the senior’s needs.
There is a small contribution to use our Seniors Wellness Centres. You can discuss your financial situation with our centre coordinators. No one will be refused a service because of the inability to pay.