Volunteers play an important role in the development and provision of our quality services, so that we can continue to support our elderly through various programs and aged care services.
- Meet new and interesting people
- Learn new skills and knowledge
- Gain work experience
- Give back to the community
Who can Volunteer?
Anyone interested who is 18 years and over and can speak either: Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese.
What are the Benefits?
- Orientation and on-going training
- Uniform and Allowance (conditions apply)
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Day and Award Presentation
- Assist in group activities at nursing homes/day centres (games, craft, reading, etc.)
- Friendly home visitor
- Administrative work
- IT Support
If you would like to join ANHF as a volunteer, please call (02) 8741 0240 or email: [email protected]
Join our Community Visitor Scheme (CVS)
Our volunteers are part of the Community Visitors Scheme (CVS), making regular visits to home care recipients who are socially isolated or are at risk of social isolation or loneliness. CVS provides friendship and companionship by matching the elderly with volunteer visitors. Visits are on a one-on-one basis.
Any home care recipient whose quality of life could be improved by the companionship of a regular community visitor can be referred to the CVS by:
- their aged care provider
- a family member
- by the elderly themselves and identifying how they would benefit from the scheme