Message from Senior Management
About ANHF facilities
Currently we do not have any suspected or confirmed cases.
For more detailed information regarding the latest updates from NSW Health, please refer to https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/racf-latest-advice.aspx
Key points of the latest updates that are relevant to ANHF facilities
- Until further notice
- all staff and visitors must wear a surgical mask whilst in a residential aged care facility. This measure will be enforced in all ANHF facilities.
- residents may have a maximum of two visitors each day. They may have different visitors each day provided these visitors are not from the following areas:
- Northern Area of the Northern Beaches,
- City of Wollongong,
- Cumberland City Council,
- suburbs in the Canterbury LGA – Ashbury, Belfield, Campsie, Canterbury, Clemton Park, Croydon Park, Earlwood, Hurlstone Park);
- suburbs in the Mount Druitt area – Bidwell, Blackett, Doonside, Dharruk, Emerton, Hebersham, Lethbridge Park, Minchinbury, Mount Druitt, Shalvey, Tregear, Whalan, Wilmot
- and Rooty Hill (suburb).
- all residential aged care facilities that are located in the above listed areas must exclude all visitors except in exceptional circumstances (NOTE: This restriction applies to ANHF’s Chow Cho Poon Nursing Home because it is located in the suburb of Earlwood. This restriction does not apply to Bernard Chan Nursing Home or Lucy Chieng Aged Care Centre).
For the latest COVID-19 hot spots or area of concern, please see updated list of venues and dates at https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates
It is important to regularly check the website, as this list may expand.
We appreciate your understanding that we may have to amend our measures timely in response to the urgent directive from the NSW Health. We will contact all affected residents, relatives or staff directly.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Facility Management if you have any questions.
We thank you again for your patience, support and understanding.
ANHF Senior Management
* Please be informed that we will continue entry screening measure for all visitors.
You should NOT enter our organisation if you
- live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating;
- have been to any of the latest COVID-19 locations in NSW at the times and dates listed, excluding the monitor for symptoms list
- have a fever (37. 5°C or higher) or symptoms of COVID-19 such as a runny nose, acute blocked nose, cough, sore or scratchy throat, fever, loss of smell or taste, or shortness of breath. These people must be isolated at home and seek COVID-19 testing even if symptoms are mild;
- are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period;
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
To download previous messages, click on the below link:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Community Care
- Residential Care
- Keep up to date with the latest news from the Department of Health
- Factsheets – Australian Government Department of Health
- COVID-19 Advice for the Public: Myth Busters
- Additional Resources – Learn the fundamentals of infection prevention and control
- Frequently Asked Questions
Chief Executive Officer
Keep up to date with the latest news from the Department of Health:
Factsheets – Australian Government Department of Health
COVID-19 Advice for the Public: Myth Busters
Additional Resources – Learn the fundamentals of infection prevention and control:
Frequently Asked Questions: